Sports Apprentice (x 2 posts)
Riviera Education Trust is looking for two enthusiastic Sports Apprentices to join our small team of sports professions to help deliver the sports curriculum to all children within our Trust.
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust; a multi-academy trust comprising three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
You will be working alongside the Sports Lead at the trust, on the delivery of the sports curriculum to children across all ages within our primary schools. As well as on the job training, you will be given time to attend college one morning a week to complete the Technical Certificate.
Working across all 3 schools, we are looking for self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication skills who can inspire our pupils. Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Providing close support to the PE subjects leads within all three schools, or as directed by the CEO;
- Supporting individuals, or groups of students as part of the sports curriculum;
- When appropriate, team-teach with the teacher or cover supervisor;
- Planning and delivering one teaching episode per week. Initially this would be with individual students / small groups /or for part of a lesson. When appropriate, this will be extended to the delivery of whole lessons to an entire class;
- Supporting the PE team with the delivery of the extra-curricular programme, including lunchtime and after school clubs;
- Providing supervision for off-site fixtures and visits;
- Maintaining the PE equipment and store-rooms;
- Producing educational aids, such as display and learning resources, following school guidelines;
- Setting up and maintaining databases to support the department record keeping;
- Ensuring that responsibilities and duties are carried out with due regard to the policies and procedures of the Trust;
- Responding positively, at all times, to the needs of students, parents, colleagues, governors and Trustees;
- Acting as a role model for students, particularly in dress, punctuality, behaviour, language and conduct;
- Helping create a strong Trust community, characterised by consistent, orderly, caring and respectful relationships.
You will be required to work across all three schools within our Trust (all located within a 5-mile radius), so the ability to travel is essential.
Previous coaching and or sporting experience is necessary and holding a National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification or equivalent is desirable.
The successful candidate will go on to receive job related training and undertake any further courses within the sports development area. On completion of the Level 2 award there is the possibility of future employment within the Trust.
The starting salary will be £7,982 per annum and is 30 hours a week, 10.30am – 4.30pm.
Please see the job description below for further details regarding this post.
Deadline for applications: Monday 8th August 2022
Interview date: Thursday 11th August 2022
Start date: Monday 5th September 2022
The application form can be downloaded below and completed applications should be sent to:
Riviera Education Trust
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
Email address: email@example.com
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.