Riviera Education Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational SENDCo. We are looking to appoint for a September 2022 or January 2023 start.
The Riviera Education Trust is a multi-academy trust comprising three local primary schools, Oldway Primary School, Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy, all working together to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
We are looking for a qualified teacher with experience in the primary phase to be our SENDCo at Shiphay Learning Academy. Shiphay is a fully inclusive school and caters for children with a broad range of needs.
You will have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a primary school classroom teacher
- The National SENDCo Qualification – or a willingness to achieve this in the first two years of your appointment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to support teachers in developing their practice to meet the varying needs of children with identified SEND
We can offer:
- A Trust SEND Lead to support you in the role and offer strategic guidance
- A happy and supportive staff team
- Access to a regular SEND forum within our Trust
- Access to wider local authority support and networks
- A commitment to your well-being and work-life balance
For further information regarding this post, please contact Kate Lee, Head of School, at Shiphay Learning Academy.
The salary will be £32,099, which is UPS 2 and based on 26 hours per week for 52 weeks per year. (Full Time Equivalent £40,124). Alongside this there is a TLR 2 of £2,872 pro rata.
Deadline for applications: Friday 8th July 2022 @ 9.00am
Interview date: TBC
Start date: 1st September 2022/1st January 2023
The application form can be downloaded below and completed applications should be sent to:
Riviera Education Trust
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.