Family Support Worker
The Governors of Oldway Primary School and Trustees of Riviera Education Trust are seeking a Family Support Worker to join Oldway Primary School. We are a large, 3-form entry, oversubscribed, outstanding Primary School in Paignton, Torbay. Oldway is a warm, friendly, inclusive school which provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment. We aim to give our children opportunities to gain the skills and knowledge which will enable them to lead successful and fulfilling lives. Our core Oldway values of respect, responsibility, aspiration, resilience, honesty, independence and reflection underpin our exciting and challenging curriculum which also reflects our local context.
We are very proud of the school’s achievements and reputation locally and our high expectations mean that we are constantly striving to raise standards further for all of our pupils.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Family Support Worker to join our inclusion and safeguarding team at Oldway Primary School from 1 September 2021. You will be required to provide high-quality, well-planned pastoral support and guidance to pupils, families and staff, in order to promote high expectations, raise aspirations, facilitate academic progress and achieve good health.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the professional skills and knowledge to develop effective relationships with parents and carers, children, staff and other partner agencies;
- Can assist in the development and delivery of support with children and their families in school, in the family home and in other settings as required by the role;
- Can support families in challenging circumstances;
- Has good written and verbal communication skills, is able to demonstrate resilience and flexibility as well as being able to prioritise and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Can work as part of an inclusion team to ensure improved outcomes for children including improved attendance and engagement in learning;
- Has knowledge and experience of working with external agencies to ensure all pupils and their families have full access to local support and educational opportunities and are able to overcome barriers to attendance, learning and good health;
- Has recent, relevant training and/or experience in safeguarding, attachment, counselling, mental health, trauma-informed practice.
Oldway is a founding school of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust comprising three primary schools within Torbay. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a highly-regarded school and Trust where you will make a difference.
If you would like to discuss this post in more detail or arrange a visit to the school (virtually or face-to-face) then please contact Mrs Kate Mullen (Pastoral Manager): email@example.com
The working hours are 37 hours per week. The starting salary will be £22,490 which is Grade G, Scale Point 18, for 41 weeks per year (Full Time Equivalent £24,982).
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 23 June @ 9.00am
Interview date: Monday 28 June 2021
Start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
The application form and job description can be downloaded below and completed applications should be sent directly to:
Riviera Education Trust
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.