We are very excited to announce that due to the promotion of the current Deputy Headteacher at Roselands Primary School, we are looking to recruit a new Deputy to work alongside our Head of School.
We are seeking someone who cares deeply about improving the life chances of our children and making a difference to our community. Whether first-time or existing Deputy, if you can offer leadership that inspires and motivates others to be the best version of themselves; if you have a deep understanding of how children learn and succeed; and if you thrive in an environment of collaboration, support and challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- An experienced Trust Leadership Team and Head of School that invests in staff development and will offer guidance and coaching as you begin in your role as Deputy Headteacher
- A dedicated and hard-working staff who will seek out direction from a positive new Deputy Headteacher
- Trust expertise in finance, HR and premises, so that you can focus on learning
- Access to our highly successful teaching school that places an emphasis on research based CPD for all staff
- Have the knowledge and understanding to support teachers in achieving the highest standards in attainment, progress and personal behaviours
- Have strong leadership, management and communication skills to motivate a staff team, pupil body and community, to secure sustainable improvement.
- Are excited about the opportunity to be part of a forward-looking Trust, and recognise that formally aligned systems and collaboration can support individual schools in serving their unique communities to the benefit of all children
- Understand what makes a school exceptional and have the skills, character and resilience to develop this
The Deputy Headteacher at Roselands offers the opportunity to work as part of a team of senior leaders comprising NLE, SLEs, Maths Mastery specialists and educationalists who are recognised for their work at both local and national levels through both our Trust and Teaching School Alliance.
Roselands Primary School is a friendly school which provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment where our pupils can develop into successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. We aim to give our children opportunities to gain the skills and knowledge which will enable them to lead successful and fulfilling lives. Our core learning values of independence, collaboration, respect and resilience underpin our exciting and evolving curriculum. We are very proud of the school’s achievements and our high expectations mean that we are constantly striving to raise standards further for all of our pupils. We are particularly excited to be bringing a new chapter to the school, embracing a new curriculum approach with the challenge of raising attainment across the school - in particular KS2.
Roselands Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust comprising three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Oldway Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a highly regarded Trust where you will make a difference.
Please see the Information pack for candidates and the Job Description/Person Specification below for further details regarding this post.
If you would like to discuss this post in more detail or arrange a 1:1 visit to the school then please contact Mr Danny Brown (Head of School) on 01803 525375.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 28th April 2021 @ 9.00am
Interview date: Monday 11th/Tuesday 12th May 2021
Start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
The application form can be downloaded below and completed applications should be sent to:
Riviera Education Trust
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
Email address: email@example.com
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.