Deputy Headteacher (Oldway)
L11 (£54,091) – L15 (£59,581)
The Governors of Oldway Primary School and Trustees of Riviera Education Trust are excited to appoint a Deputy Head in a newly-created position at Oldway Primary School.
We are seeking an experienced school leader who cares deeply about improving the life chances of children and making a long-lasting difference to our community. Oldway Primary School is a large, 3-form entry, oversubscribed, Outstanding Primary School in Paignton, Torbay in large grounds which includes a music room, art studio, field, outdoor learning areas, halls, swimming pool and nurture class.
If you can offer leadership that inspires and motivates others; if you have a deep understanding of the primary curriculum and how children learn and succeed; and if you thrive in an environment of collaboration, support and challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- An experienced Trust Leadership Team and Head of School that invests in staff development and will offer guidance, support and coaching;
- A collaborative, hard-working School Leadership Team, Subject Leaders and Year Leaders with expertise in a range of areas;
- A supportive, well-informed Local Standards Board of Governors;
- A dedicated, motivated and hard-working staff who value professional development, support and feedback;
- Trust expertise in finance, HR and premises, so that the role focuses on teaching and learning;
- Support and professional development from our Teaching School that places an emphasis on research-informed CPD for all staff.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to support teachers across the primary range in achieving the highest standards in attainment and progress?
- Have exceptional leadership, management and communication skills to motivate and develop staff, pupils and the whole school community, to secure sustainable improvement?
- Want to be part of a forward-looking, growing Trust, and recognise how collaborative working benefits outcomes and life chances for children?
- Understand what makes a school exceptional and have the skills, character and resilience to develop this at OIdway?
The Deputy Headteacher post at Oldway Primary School offers the opportunity to work as part of a team of senior leaders within the school and Trust comprising a National Leader of Education, Specialist Leaders of Education, Maths Mastery specialists and practitioners who are recognised for their work at both local and national levels.
Oldway Primary School is a warm, friendly, inclusive school which provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment where our pupils develop as curious, successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. We aim to give our children opportunities to gain the skills and knowledge which will enable them to lead successful and fulfilling lives. Our core Oldway values of respect, responsibility, aspiration, resilience, honesty and independence underpin our exciting and challenging curriculum which also reflects our local context. We are very proud of the school’s achievements and reputation locally and our high expectations mean that we are constantly striving to raise standards further for all of our pupils.
Oldway is a founding school of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three primary schools within Torbay. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a highly-regarded school and Trust where you will make a difference.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification in the ‘Welcome Pack for Candidates’ for further details regarding the school and this post.
If you would like to discuss this post in more detail or arrange a visit to the school (virtually or face-to-face) then please contact Mrs Sam Meyer (Head of School): email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 12 May 2021 @ 9.00am
Interview date: Thursday 20th and Friday 21st May 2021
Start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
The application form and Welcome Pack for Candidates can be downloaded below and completed applications should be sent directly to:
Riviera Education Trust
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.